Once contact is made with McClure’s Funeral Service you can either call to our office or we can call to your home to make arrangements. We will guide you through every step of arranging the funeral and make sure that you can arrange the funeral you want for your loved one. We will do our best to accommodate any special requests.
Some of the decisions that you are presented with, when arranging a funeral include:
- Will it be a burial or cremation
- Traditional or Simple funeral
- Do you want the deceased to rest at home or in the funeral home
- Will there be a church service – Which church the funeral will take place in
- Do you want a minister of religion or a civil celebrant
- What type of coffin
- Is the deceased to be dressed in their own clothes or a shroud/robe
- What, if any, newspapers do you want the funeral notice to be published in
- Do you want flowers
- What music/hymns/readings
We will liase on your behalf with the cemetery, crematorium, newspapers, clergy, florists and assist you with the registration of the death. We can also signpost you for help with Funeral Payments from the Social Fund. We also offer bereavement counselling through SAIF Care – Read more about SAIF Care Here.